Through rigorous academics, character development, and strong supports for every learner, Libertas Academy Charter School prepares all sixth through twelfth grade students to succeed within the college of their choice and to be positive, engaged members of their communities.
We are a high expectations, high achieving school that replicates the successful models of other high performing charter schools in Massachusetts and across the country. Within an achievement-oriented culture in which expectations are clear and routines are consistent, and in which the joy of learning, the power of intellectual curiosity, and the development of life-building values are at the center of our seamless 6-12 school, all learners
build the skills, knowledge, and character required for college and professional success and a life of positive community engagement.
At Libertas Academy Charter School, we believe that every student can and will succeed when given a rigorous, college preparatory education regardless of their socioeconomic background, race, zip code, or home life. The path to college and a successful profession begins the moment students enter our school. At Libertas Academy Charter School we believe:
- Literacy provides the foundation for all learning.
- Academic rigor benefits all students.
- Extended time, frequent assessments, and targeted interventions propel achievement.
- High quality teaching drives student learning.
- Character development is essential to academic success.
- Students thrive within structure, joy, and high expectations.
- Families and community partners are critical for success.
We are a values-driven organization and we will instill within our students the character traits necessary to succeed in college and beyond. Our character development program is informed by our FIRST values:
- Focus – we set ambitious goals and achieve them.
- Integrity – we do what is right even when nobody is watching.
- Respect – we treat others as they want to be treated.
- Selfless Service – we give back to our community.
- Tenacity – we don’t ever give up.
At Libertas Academy, we are committed to the holistic development of our students. Through our rigorous academics and our core values, students will graduate with the knowledge, skills, and mindsets to succeed within the college of their choice and will be positive, engaged members of their communities.
Libertas Academy Charter School
146 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01103
Phone: (413) 342-5510